Career Ready preparing young people for the world of work
- Improve your employability skills
- Link your studies to the world of work
- Gain relevant work experience
“Before, I wasn’t the sort of person who could go up to a big group of people and make conversation, or who would be comfortable picking up an office phone. Now it doesn’t bother me in the slightest because my workplace visits and internships gave me so much confidence.” Ellis Weeks, Career Ready student
What is Career Ready?
Career Ready is a UK wide charity linking employers with schools and colleges to open up the world of work to young people. Offered through a structured programme of study for 16-19 year olds, that sits alongside students’ coursework, it is delivered by employer volunteers who provide masterclasses, mentoring, workplace visits and internships to help our students compete with the best in the country.
Where do Career Ready programme students move onto?
- 97% of Career Ready students in 2013 & 2014 went on to a psotive destination
- 85% of Career Ready students go into higher or further education or directly into employment via apprenticeships or school leaver programmes.
Career Ready Courses:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business
IT & Computing:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Network & Systems Support)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Software Development)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (IT & Business)
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness)
For more information on Career Academies visit https:careerready.org.uk