Whether you choose to study a practical qualification such as a BTEC or an academic programme like A Levels, depends on your interests and the way you like to learn.
Read on to find out more about the range of qualifications on offer at Trafford College.
ACADEMIC COURSES e.g. A Levels
- Mostly exam-based qualifications with coursework & essay writing
- You can study a variety of subjects
- Students do best who enjoy research & are self-motivated
Students who study academic qualifications tend to progress straight onto university.
VOCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS e.g. BTECs
- A mix of coursework, hands-on learning and work experience
- Focus on one particular vocational area
- You will develop life skills like teamwork, problem-solving & creative thinking
Progress onto higher level courses at College, an apprenticeship, a higher education course (if you study a university ready qualification, e.g.a BTEC), or into employment within your chosen sector.
- Earn & learn
- Gain practical hands-on experience
- Develop links with potential future employers
Progress onto a higher level apprenticeship or a promotion in your current job.