Advanced Learner Loan
19+ Advanced Learner Loan
Money worries don’t have to get in the way of achieving your goals and ambitions. Depending on the course you want to study, you may be eligible to fund your studies with a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan.
The 24+ Advanced Learning Loan is changing
If you are aged 19 and over and are looking to study a Level 3 or above Further Education course, from May 2016 you may be able to apply for a low-interest 19+ Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of tuition fees for courses starting from August 2016!
Advanced Learner Loans don’t depend on your income, there are no credit checks and you don’t need to repay anything until you’ve finished your course and are earning over £21,000 a year.
Many of the Adult and Part Time Courses available at Trafford College offer the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan option. To see if your course qualifies take a look at our Adult and Part -Time Course guide. All courses that have a green arrow indicate they are available on a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan option.
To be eligible to apply for the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan, you need to be:
- Aged 19 or over on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
- Starting your course on or after 1 August 2016
- Living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this
- UK or EU National
- Studying at an approved College or training organisation in England
- Enrolling onto an eligible course at Level 3 and above which includes: full Level 3 and above qualifications which are approved for public funding. These include A-Levels, Access to HE Diplomas and other Diplomas and Certificates
- You do not pay any course fees upfront
- You will only have to start making repayments the April after you have completed your course and are earning over £21,000 a year (which is £404 a week or £1,750 a month). Until then you don’t need to pay back anything
- If your income drops below £21,000 – loan repayments stop
- Each month you pay back 9% of any income over £21,000. For example, if you earn £22,000 a year, your monthly repayment will be £7 a month
- You can make voluntary repayments at any time
To apply for your 19+ Advanced Learner Loan, click here
For more information about 19+ Advanced Learner Loans and how to apply, visit Student Finance England and www.gov.uk
You may also be interested in:
Advanced Learner Loan
19+ Advanced Learner Loan Money worries don’t have to get in the way of achieving your goals and ambitions. Depending on the course you want to study, you may be eligible to fund your studies with a 19+ Advanced Learner [&hellip
We offer a wide range of support, including counselling & additional learning support. We also have a wide range of financial and student support packages.
We work very closely with Job Centre Plus and Trafford Council to match new and well-known Trafford based employers with local people and we have had great success in helping people find work for the first time or helping them switch to a new career path.
Our dedicated recruitment team, Trafford First, are on hand to offer training, support and guidance to help match you to an apprenticeship opportunity
Trafford College is a leading provider of education and training in Greater Manchester. With a £50m investment in world-class facilities, an innovative approach to learning and exceptional links with some of the UK’s most significant employers, students are given a platform from which they can achieve their full potential.