An Apprenticeship with Trafford College is an excellent opportunity for young people to gain qualifications and workplace experience at the same time.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a set of qualifications delivered in the workplace in order for students to gain practical work experience whilst developing theoretical knowledge. Students must have gained employment in order to enrol on an Apprenticeship (min 30 hours per week).
What types of Apprenticeships are available?
There are over 250 different types of Apprenticeships available throughout England offering more than 1400 job roles, within a range of industry sectors. Visit our Apprenticeship Programmes
section to discover the range of Apprenticeships available throughout Trafford and Greater Manchester.
How do you find an Apprenticeship?
Trafford College works with a large network of employers to provide Apprenticeships for young people. Visit the College’s Vacancy Matching Service
webpage to discover the latest vacancies available.
How do you apply for an Apprenticeship with Trafford College?
Your dedicated Apprenticeship Team will help you search our Current Vacancies, or help you source your placement.
to register with our Trafford First Recruitment Team.
What are the benefits of an Apprenticeship?
- Provide better career progression opportunities
- Students are exposed to new and different challenges
- Develop on-the-job skills which are recognised by employers
- Increased pay
Will an Apprenticeship provide good career opportunities?
Apprenticeships with Trafford College provide excellent career opportunities for young people including:
- Apprentices can earn, on average, £100,000 more that those without (A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Apprenticeships and Other Vocational Qualifications, University of Sheffield, 2007
- Provide access to higher study
- Lead to permanent employment
- Enhance career progression opportunities