Apprenticeship Levy Calculator
The Apprenticeship Levy is set to be introduced in April 2017 and is designed to support companies in creating and funding of three million Apprenticeship starts by 2020.
Here are some key facts on the Levy:
- The first levy payments will be due in April 2017 and will be paid through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- The levy will apply to any company where the salary bill is £3m or more regardless of whether they already employ Apprentices or not
- The rate for the levy will be set at 0.5% of an employer’s pay bill
- Employers will receive an allowance of £15,000
- Employers with a pay bill less than £3m will not pay anything into the Apprenticeship Funding Pot and will continue to employ Apprentices in the current way
- The levy payment will be ‘spent’ in the form of an electronic voucher that can be used to purchase training from the chosen college or training provider
- Companies who have a salary budget over £3m will pay the levy, regardless of whether they use the ‘training vouchers’ or not
All funds will be collected by HMRC and placed into the Apprenticeship Funding Pot. Companies will be able to access the funding by offering Apprenticeships to new or existing staff within their business. The funding will be paid directly to the college their company uses for training the Apprenticeship, with the Government topping up the pot by 10% for employers in England.
Employers falling under the levy payment threshold (£3m) can still employ Apprentices and will be able to access government support and funding for the Apprentice (subject to eligibility).
If you have any questions about how you can get the very best from the Apprenticeship Levy or if you would like more information on taking on an Apprentice, please contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0161 886 7461 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also be interested in:
Apprenticeship Levy Calculator
Here are some key facts on the Levy: The first levy payments will be due in April 2017 and will be paid through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) The levy will apply to any company where the salary bill is [&hellip
If you’re a small to medium size enterprise employing between 1 and 1000 members of staff, and looking to hire your first Apprentice, you could qualify for a £1,500 incentive
Hire an Apprentice
More businesses than ever are benefiting from employing an Apprentice with Trafford College who they can train and develop alongside the vision and values of their organisation
At Trafford College we aim to provide businesses with suitable training and development programmes to help improve your businesses output, maintain customer loyalty, and enhance your overall market position
ACS & AM2 Centre
Our specialist ACS & AM2 Centre is a recognised centre for learners to update their certificates in Gas and Plumbing to continue to work in the industry
Trafford College is a leading provider of education and training in Greater Manchester. With a £50m investment in world-class facilities, an innovative approach to learning and exceptional links with some of the UK’s most significant employers, students are given a platform from which they can achieve their full potential.