Apprenticeship Levy Calculator Trafford College
For more information or to apply for a course call: 0161 886 7070 For more information call: 0161 886 7070

Apprenticeship Levy Calculator

The Apprenticeship Levy was introduced in April 2017 and is designed to support companies in creating and funding of three million Apprenticeship starts by 2020.


Here are some key facts on the Levy:

  • The first levy payments were due in April 2017 and will be paid through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
  • The levy will apply to any company where the salary bill is £3m or more regardless of whether they already employ Apprentices or not
  • The rate for the levy is set at 0.5% of an employer’s pay bill
  • Employers receive an allowance of £15,000 to offset against this bill
  • Employers with a pay bill less than £3m do not pay anything into the Apprenticeship Funding Pot
  • The levy payment is ‘spent’ in the form of electronic vouchers that can be used to purchase training from the chosen college or training provider
  • Companies who have a salary budget over £3m will pay the levy, regardless of whether they use the ‘training vouchers’ or not. See below for more information about how non-levy employers will co-invest with the government to pay for their apprenticeship training
Apprenticeship Levy Service

At Trafford College we are keen to engage in true partnerships with employers offering a range of services, from simply providing apprenticeship training to providing a full customised package incorporating all your apprenticeship and funding management needs.

Apprenticeship Levy Service


Levy Calculator

All funds will be collected by HMRC and placed into the Apprenticeship Funding Pot. Companies will be able to access the funding by offering Apprenticeships to new or existing staff within their business. The funding will be paid directly to the college their company uses for training the Apprenticeship, with the Government topping up the pot by 10% for employers in England.

Employers falling under the levy payment threshold (£3m) can still employ Apprentices and will be able to access government support and funding for the Apprentice (subject to eligibility).

These employers will co-invest by paying 10% of the training and assessment costs of an apprentice directly to their college or training provider. Government funding will make up the remaining 90%.

If you have any questions about how you can get the very best from the Apprenticeship Levy or if you would like more information on taking on an Apprentice, please contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0161 886 7461 or e-mail trafford.first@trafford.ac.uk.

Back
    Apprenticeship Levy

    The Apprenticeship Levy was introduced in April 2017 and is designed to support companies in creating and funding of three million Apprenticeship starts by 2020.

    More


    You may also be interested in:

    Trafford College
    (Altrincham Campus)

    Manchester Road
    West Timperley
    Altrincham
    Cheshire
    WA14 5PQ
    0161 886 7070
    info@trafford.ac.uk
    The Centre for Science and Technology
    Trafford College
    Talbot Road
    Stretford
    Manchester
    M32 0XH
    0161 886 7070
    info@trafford.ac.uk
    ACS Centre
    Trafford College
    Talbot Road
    Stretford
    Manchester
    M32 0XH

    0161 886 7106
    acs@trafford.ac.uk
    The Skills Shop
    intu Trafford Centre
    Manchester
    M17 8AA



    0161 747 4674
    skillsshop@trafford.ac.uk

    Trafford College is a leading provider of education and training in Greater Manchester. With a £50m investment in world-class facilities, an innovative approach to learning and exceptional links with some of the UK’s most significant employers, students are given a platform from which they can achieve their full potential.